Providing Legal Counsel – Empowering Those Who Care
We know the issues you are dealing with are sensitive. We focus on empowering those we represent, often parents and veterans who are seeking to create comprehensive estate plans.
Our attorneys and staff have a deep understanding of the sensitive nature of the elder law issues we handle. We are committed to helping you navigate the complex legal issues involved with elder law.
Our Guiding Principles
Our attorneys consider Elder Law to be a calling, and are passionate about assisting those who face challenges with legal, financial and healthcare needs. With each case, we take the time to understand your situation and needs, providing personal, professional advice and guidance to develop comprehensive care plans for you or your loved ones.
Our Legal Team
At Severns & Howard, P.C., we are here to serve your family. We focus on helping our clients create estate plans and late-life financial plans. For our clients in Indianapolis and the surrounding Indiana areas, we focus on leveraging our decades of experience to help our clients through the process of creating estate plans that will meet their needs and provide for their loved ones.
Learn More About Our Attorneys
Our three attorneys provide unmatched experience, knowledge and professional care for our clients:
- Scott R. Severns, JD, CELA: Attorney Scott Severns is the founding Partner of Severns & Howard. Scott is highly accomplished in his field who has been practicing for nearly 40 years. As a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) from the National Elder Law Foundation, Mr. Severns was included in the Indiana Super Lawyers list from 2005-2013 and 2018-2021, and he was named Best Lawyers 2013 Lawyer of the Year in elder law in Indiana, among many other accolades.
- Anna M. Howard, JD: Attorney Anna Howard has been with Severns & Howard since 2009 and has been a Partner at Severns & Howard since 2015. Anna is a VA accredited attorney who practices in the areas of Veterans Affairs and Medicaid benefits planning, estate planning, elder law, guardianships and probate. Anna was admitted to the Indiana State Bar in 2009. She is a member of the Indiana Bar Association, the Elder Law Section of the IBA and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys of which she currently serves as a board member of the Indiana Chapter.
- Jacqueline M. Jaques, JD: Attorney Jacqueline Jaques has been with Severns & Howard since 2016. Jacqueline is a VA accredited attorney who practice I the areas of Veteran Affairs and Medicaid benefits planning, estate planning, elder law, guardianships and probate. Jacqueline was admitted to the Indiana State Bar in 1997. She has more than 20 years of legal experience and she serves on the board of directors for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Greater Indianapolis, and for accessABILITY Center for Independent Living – Indianapolis.
Our lawyers are dedicated to helping you understand your rights and options and providing the tools you need to create an effective estate plan.
Meet Our Staff
- Alesha J. Dugger, Senior Paralegal and Office Manager
- Katherine M. LaFollette, Paralegal
- LaTonja D. Anderson, Paralegal
Elder law can be an extremely complex legal landscape. Our attorneys will help you navigate the complications and provide protection for your parents or grandparents. Call us at 1-800-335-3971 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.