The Indiana Primary election date has been moved to June 2, 2020. By voting in the primary, you help determine what candidates will be on the ballot in November for your party, Democratic or Republican. In addition, there are “Public Questions” on the Primary Ballot in Washington Township and Beech Grove in Marion County, that will decide whether these township schools will have adequate funding for future years.
To vote by mail (absentee ballot) in the June 2, 2020 primary
- Check your registration and if you are not properly registered, register by May 4th.You can check your registration and register to vote at https://indianavoters.in.gov/.
- Mail your Application for Absentee Ballot on or before May 21st. Marion county is mailing this application to all registered voters, but in all other counties, download the application here:https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/files/ABS-MAIL%20PRIMARY%202020.Form%2056929.3-25-20.pdf
- To be safe, mail your completed ballot back in by Friday, May 29, 2020.Under current rules, the ballot must be received by noon on election day to be counted.
- Here are links that may be helpful:
- Instructions for completing the primary ballot application
- Ballot application
- Indiana Voters Bill of Rights from Indiana Secretary of State:https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/4657.htm